Scalding is the secret to plucking a bird, loosening the quills so the feathers come out easily. This poultry scalder has a 13-gallon tub that holds 1-2 chickens at a time. Built to last, it's made from double-walled stainless steel and includes a large spigot for quick clean-up. May also be used to shrink-wrap birds after plucking. The indicator light will light up when the desired temperature is reached. Includes detailed instructions for a variety of game and domestic birds.
Once your bird is de-feathered and ready for storage, place it in a poultry shrink bag
to complete your poultry processing.
Designed for you by Roots & Harvest, a family-owned company, to make creating from scratch a bit easier.
View Product Manual
- Double-walled stainless steel for temperature retention
- Rubber feet for stability
- Approx. 17" L x 13" W x 26" H
- Temperature adjusts from 86° to 230° F
- Requires a grounded, dedicated 15/20 amp power outlet
- Weighs approx. 40 lbs.
- Hold 13-gallons/50 liters of water
- 1500 watts
- Cord length is 51", use of an extension cord is not recommended. This product requires a dedicated outlet.
- Inner dims of the tub with the heating element cover in place are approximately 12" L x 12" W x 22" D