R&H Homestead Stoneware is USA-made in Texas by a small family-owned and operated pottery company, which has been making quality pottery for over 22 years. Each piece is hand turned by a master potter, hand-painted or finished, and then coated with a lead-free glaze. Each piece of pottery is hand thrown and so no two pieces are exactly alike. Slight variations should be expected and enjoyed.
The 1/4 Gallon and 3/4 Gallon Crocks are shipped from the manufacturer, it may take up to 6 weeks for delivery and will ship separately. A physical shipping address within the United States is required. Expedited shipping is not available and they cannot ship internationally.
The 1/2 Gallon and 1 Gallon Crocks are shipped directly from Roots & Harvest and will ship with the rest of your order. Expedited shipping is not available and they cannot ship internationally.
Designed for making small batches of sauerkraut, pickles, and preserving other foods.
Protects food during fermentation as well as any food stored inside the kitchen or pantry. These crocks have a lip inside to hold the lid in place. Lid is loose enough to let gas escape making it perfect for a sourdough starter crock.
This pottery is lead-free, non-toxic, handcrafted, and made in the USA.
High temperature-fired for durability. Hand wash and dry completely before storing.
How to Make Homemade Sauerkraut - Step by Step Guide
Designed for you by Roots & Harvest, a family-owned company, to make creating from scratch a bit easier.
- Hand turned and hand painted stoneware
- Made in USA
- Lead free & food safe
- Oven, microwave and dishwasher safe
Capacity & Yield
- ¼ Gallon Crock: 5.25" W x 5.5" H, weighs 2.25 lbs
- ½ Gallon Crock: 6" W x 6.25" H, weighs 3 lbs
- ¾ Gallon Crock: 6.75" W x 7.25" H, weighs 4.5 lbs
- 1 Gallon Crock: 6.75" W x 7.75" H, weighs 5 lbs
- ¼ gallon crock holds 1.25lb of cabbage, making 1 pint of kraut
- ½ gallon crock holds 2.5lb of cabbage, making 1 quart of kraut
- ¾ gallon crock holds 3.75lb of cabbage, making 3 pints of kraut
- 1 gallon crock holds 5lb of cabbage, making 2 quarts of kraut